Welcome to the ICT Department of RAIS
RAIS uses SRA TechKnowledge (100% interactive program) for grades K – Grade 6 and EFL (levels PreK-6, respectively) that develops computer and technology literacy. Students of grades 7-10 & 12 use Glencoe books for the following courses respectively: Keyboarding Connections, Computer Concepts in Action, Keyboarding and Document Processing, Introduction to Computer Science using Java, and Introduction to Web Design using Microsoft FrontPage.
Click on the following icons/text links to know more about the courses or visit the online learning centers:
Currently, every high school student at RAIS is offered 3 credits of Information Technology courses:
- Keyboarding - Grade 9 - Keyboarding and Document Processing skills
- Computer I - Grade 10 - Introduction to Computers, Introduction to Computer Science using Java
- Computer II - Grade 12 - Introduction to Web Design using Microsoft FrontPage
There are four computer labs at RAIS:
- Elementary School – CSLABES – Room No. 1205 - 2nd Fl. Office Building – Grades K-5, EFL1-5
- Middle School – CSLABMS – Room No. 3207 - 2nd Fl. 6 Storey Building – Grades 6-8
- High School – CSLAB2HS – Room No. 3401 - 4th Fl. 6 Storey Building – Grade 9
- High School – CSLABHS – Room No. 3501 - 5th Fl. 6 Storey Building – Grades 10 & 12
Every computer lab is equipped with a Windows 2003 server, 25+ Windows XP SP2 clients, a laser printer, a scanner, and an LCD projector. All the classes are managed using NetOp School from the teacher’s PC.